HOW TO: RESET YOUR HOME FOR THE NEW YEAR
Do you ever wish you had a reset button on your home?
Completing a monthly or even yearly reset can make all the difference in keeping on top of the chaos at home!
Here’s a full list to get you on track to a refreshed start to the new year.
1. Start in the bedroom. After all, it is where we spend 76% of our time at home. When was the last time you flipped your mattress? Rotating your mattress regularly is important because it helps to keep your it comfortable, and means you'll be able to use it longer! Change your linen! Mixing up colours to match the current season is another way to give your space a fresh look.
2. Sort and cull the linen cupboard. This can easily become a place in the home that becomes cluttered and ends up having the doors shut and being ignored. A thorough culling session every couple on months can help you stay on top of this space and avoid the chaos.
3. Restock all of your cleaning products. Keep a back stock of your commonly used items in the laundry for easy access. Commonly used items you can keep extra stock of include; laundry detergents, dishwashing liquid, multi-surface spray, paper towels.
4. Donate old kids toys. Each year with another round of birthdays, Christmas and standard trips to the toy aisle in the grocery store, the kids toys collections can get out of control! Keepsake toys can be stored in plastic storage containers. Out of sight, out of mind!
5. Tackle the fridge and freezer. Check for any expired goods and for food you are just not going to eat. Empty out the freezer at the beginning of the week and create a menu of meals you can create from what's in your freezer. I bet you'll be surprised with what you can come up with! Set yourself a challenge!
6. Tidy the junk drawer. We all have one and we all know this is a space in the house that is often in need of a good cull. Use a cutlery caddy to help section out the space and make organising it that tad easier.
Do you have a house reset routine already in place? We'd love to hear about it in the comments below!